July 6th is National Fried Chicken day. Throughout Atlanta there are plenty of ways to celebrate this delicious holiday:
- Pollo Campero will be celebrating National Fried Chicken day now through July 7. The restaurant is offering 50 percent off either a two-piece, three-piece, or half-chicken personal meal, simply by presenting a half-off discount voucher. Vouchers can be easily downloaded at Campero.com. 3389 Buford Highway, Atlanta. 404-633-8400. www.campero.com.
- Celebrate National Fried Chicken Day with free mini fried chicken cones accompanied by famed frim-fram sauce at Linton Hopkins’ Hop’s Chicken from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Stop by anytime for chicken and biscuits, pieces by the bucket or Nashville-style hot to celebrate. Ponce City Market, 650 North Ave. N.E., Atlanta. 404-355-3762, hopschicken.com.
- At Southern Art, celebrity chef Art Smith’s buttermilk fried chicken will be available at a buy one get one price in celebration of National Fried Chicken day. 3315 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta. 404-946-9070. www.southernart.com.
- For more fried chicken holiday fun, head to Holeman and Finch Public House, which will offer three free bubbly selections from the bottle shop with the purchase of Holeman and Finch’s special fried chicken. This offer will be available from 5-7 p.m.; in addition to food and drinks, guest will learn about each pairing from the Bottle Shop’s Patrick Kelly. For reservations, call 404-948-1175.
2277 Peachtree Road, Atlanta. 404-948-1175. www.holeman-finch.com & hfbottleshop.com.
Where to eat
- We’re a little obsessed with the fried chicken from Kevin Gillespie’s Decatur restaurant Revival — check out our review here, and order it for lunch or dinner today.
Revival, 129 Church St., Decatur. 470-225-6770, revivaldecatur.com.
- We gave a shout out to One Eared Stag’s Nashville hot chicken sandwich as one of our favorites — you can find it on the menu at dinner tonight.
One Eared Stag, 1029 Edgewood Ave., Atlanta. 404-525-4479, oneearedstagatl.com.
- We asked readers to vote on their favorite fried chicken in Atlanta — and they said loud and clear that their favorite is from Mary Mac’s Tea Room.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room, 224 Ponce de Leon Ave. NE, Atlanta. 404-876-1800. www.marymacs.com.
- If one day of fried chicken isn’t enough, check out our seven days of fried chicken, which includes picks from The Collonade, The General Muir and more.
What to make