It seems like some cruel joke devised by the diet gods — somehow, Feb. 9 marks both National Bagel Day and National Pizza Day.
If you’re into treating yourself — and why shouldn’t you be? — you can start your day with a bagel and move on to a slice or four for lunch or dinner. Here are some ways to celebrate:
- Chow down on some free bagels from Thomas’ Bagels — find out how.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels locations are offering a free bagel and shmear with purchase. Get more details and print a coupon here.
- Check out one of these metro Atlanta spots delivering authentic bagels.
- What pairs better with the perfect bagel than the perfect cup of coffee? Check out our roundup of the best places to get coffee in Atlanta.
- Pizza Hut and Amazon are partnering to extend National Pizza Day into National Pizza Week — Customers who use the Pizza Hut skill for Alexa and start their order with the simple command of “Alexa, ask Pizza Hut to place an order” will receive 30 percent off their total order through February 16. The offer is available for same day carry-out or delivery orders. Discount only applies to US Customers who order using an Alexa device.
- In addition to getting in on the bagel game, Thomas’ is also biting on National Pizza Day with limited-edition pizza-flavored bagels including tomato, garlic, onion, oregano, and basil seasoning.
- Try one of metro Atlanta’s pizzerias, including:
- Check out one of the spots that AJC readers picked as their favorite for pizza
- Make your own O4W Grandma Pie
- Looking for a new delivery system for pizza ingredients? Bowlero locations in Norcross, Marietta and Kennesaw have pizza cupcakes and pizza cake on their menus, in addition to the 28-inch Goliath Pizza.
- Try these five kinds of pizza: