When it comes to burgers, it’s no secret that Atlanta is lousy with amazing options. Whether you prefer yours juicy topped with cheese or as a simple patty on a plain bun, there’s something to please everyone.
There are so many good options, in fact, that ranking them seems like a fool’s errand. Yet that’s exactly what Thrillist’s national burger critic Kevin Alexander set out to do with his ranking of the 10 best burgers in Atlanta, part of his Burger Quest, a “yearlong mission to find America’s best cheeseburger.”
When we asked AccessAtlanta readers to rank their favorite burger in the A earlier this year, Bocado came out on top. But the sandwich only ranked fourth on Alexander’s list, proving just how subjective a task ranking a favorite dish really is.
AJC food critic Wyatt Williams recently chose some of his favorites around town, including several that popped up on Alexander’s list.
Here’s what Alexander landed on after a beefy tour around the city — let us know in the comments if you agree with his rankings:
10. Vortex Bar and Grill: Greasy Spoon Burger
9. Muss and Turner’s: The Burger
8. Little’s Food Store: Double Cheeseburger
7. Grindhouse Style Burger: Grindhouse Style Burger
6. Holeman and Finch: Cheeseburger
5. FLIP Burger Boutique: The Stack
4. Bocado: Bocado Burger Stack
3. Ann’s Snack Bar: The Ghetto Burger
2. One Eared Stag: The Meatstick
1. Fred’s Meat and Bread: Burger Stack